Saturday, February 28, 2009

Brrr!!!

Today is quite chilly in the Dallas area. After mid 80's two days ago, these colder temperatures are an unwelcome regression into winter. Not that it's frigid by any means...just colder than it has been in awhile. Right now I'm in Starbucks freezing by the door but trying to warm my bones with a delicious Carmel Apple Spice drink and paying for wi-fi internet access. (GRRRR!) My Sprint card broke once again (the fourth time in a year) and they have to order a new one. I'm very perturbed because that darn thing is so expensive anyway and now I'm still having to pay to get on the internet somewhere! When I intially got it, I thought it would be so convenient because I worked, was in school, and away from the house a lot, but needed a computer a lot. It has been convenient, but the speed doesn't really meet my standards and the cost is ridiculous, so I probably should have thought that one through better. You have to have a two year contract just like a phone so it will be September before I can go back to reasonable internet bills and a satisfying broadband speed! When I went to the Sprint store today and they informed me it woudl be Tuesday or Wednesday before the new one would come in, I was very irritated and told them how much I depend on it for my online classes (assignments due every Sunday night). They so generously offered to let me upgrade to a new device that they had in the store for the mere cost of another two year contract. No way!!!!!! I'll wait until Wednesday, thank you very much!

In other news, the grant visit went well on Friday. I'm not sure what their expectations were, but I was really proud of the girls and how they presented themselves. Hopefully we'll know the outcome in a few weeks...in the meantime, I have a couple more grant applications in the works to focus on!

By the way, why is no one blogging anymore? It seems like just as soon as I got into the game, everybody else decided to bench themselves. What is up with that??

No comments:

Post a Comment