Thursday, March 25, 2010

Joe--My New Best Friend

As I settle into my old age, two seemingly small, ordinary things have totally changed my life this week! I mean, they have rocked my world!!

First of all, this morning I brewed my first cup of coffee ever. "What?!?!" you say? It's true! I have never been a big coffee drinker...just occasionally. However, recently I have been fighting my battle of addiction to diet sodas and decided I needed a new source of caffeine. So I had fallen into a horrible pattern of going through the McDonalds' drive-thru every morning for a cup of their coffee...which was getting expensive! Once I realized that this was not going to be just an occasional desire anymore, I broke down and purchased a coffee maker, coffee, and some delicious flavorings yesterday. This morning I brewed my first two cups...and wow!! I have never felt more energetic!! Why was I wasting my time on diet sodas all those years?? Coffee does more for me than diet Dr. Pepper ever even thought about!! I'm enthused that I have now discovered a very effective energy source as well as the fact that I will be saving a ton of money previously spent on diet cokes and McDonalds! Yeah, I'm a little behind on this one but I couldn't feel more excited about this revelation. (Maybe its just the coffee jitters talking).

Secondly, I have finally starting watering my face. Sadly, I never used to like moisturizing my face because I thought it made it oilier and made me break out more. However, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are making their way onto my face and so it finally occurred to me that I should try to preserve what little youth I have left. So I decided to try some Oil of Olay Regenerist moisturizer. It was quite pricey....but wow! What a difference a week has made! After only a few days I feel myself glowing! Yeah, you probably would never notice, but I notice, and that's what counts! It feels so soft and healthy. I feel 23 again already! Wow!!

Yeah, you know you're old when you get excited about face moisturizer and coffee...but it's the little things that make the biggest difference! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...may have to try some of this Regenerist stuff. I have always used cetaphil but it may not be strong enough for my aging skin. hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete