Saturday, May 30, 2009

Meredith's Wedding

I'm sitting with my feet propped up after a long day of heels and endless picture taking and trying to wrap my mind around the fact that my "little sister" Meredith is married!! Wow! The wedding was nice and relaxed...not too fancy schmancy so that everyone could focus on what the day was REALLY about instead of stressing over crazy details. Meredith was a beautiful bride of course. I would post pictures BUT...

I finally figured out that my camera had been stolen off my desk from school a couple of weeks ago. I've been very distraught about that because I loved that camera. One good thing was that my memory card was in my laptop at the time so at least I didn't lose that or all of my pictures. (FYI--This is my second camera to be stolen by the way...my first digital camera was stolen the day after Brandon and Amanda's wedding when my apartment was broken into a couple years ago.)Anyways, I've been trying to figure out all week how I could get my hands on a camera to be able to take pictures of this weekend, but after a picture-less rehearsal last night, I finally concluded I was just going to have to buy another one right now. I have a couple of graduations that I wanted to be able to document as well so I figured now was as good a time as any to fork over the money I shouldn't have to be spending again. So this morning I went to Wal-mart before my hair appointment to pick one out. I was running late so it was a rushed selection. Then I realized that I left my memory card at home so I had to drive all the way back to get that and drive back across town to the hair place...trying so hard not to miss anything or be late. Meredith's hair lady did my hair (and did a bee-you-ti-ful job if I do say so) and then we went to the church to get ready. I had to search everywhere for a pair of scissors to open the package and ended up shredding the pacakge trying to get the camera out. I excitedly put in the batteries and began to peel off the sticker covering the LCD screen just as Meredith was starting to get ready...and....the stinkin' screen was broken!!! ARGGHHHHHH!!!! Still no pictures!! I was so sad!! Of course there were a million other people taking zillions of pictures so hopefully they will share some with me, but there's nothing like being able to take your own.

The whole wedding weekend has been really nice. Last night at the rehearsal dinner (which was On the Border....my absolute favorite!!!!) everyone just stood up and shared really sweet things about Brandon and Meredith. It was such a random mix of people there but it was neat to see how we could all come together for one special purpose. Probably the thing I loved the most is that after the rehearsal dinner last night we all went back to the Campbells along with all their college friends who were here for the wedding and just had a devotional and prayer time for a couple of hours. We just sang and people took turns praying for Brandon and Meredith. I've been in and around a ton of weddings but I really admired their determination to maintain a spiritual focus and to put aside all the details to just enjoy their friends and family and worship together. It was really beautiful.

Meredith is just really special to me. She's always been way more wise and mature than me, even though I'm seven years older, and she has always been a great listening ear and advice giver! :-) There have been many times that I have not been a good friend or "big sis" but she never gave up on me and she fought to keep our friendship intact. She is one of the handful of people in the world that i know truly cares about me no matter what.

So anyways hopefully I can mooch some pictures off of someone so you all can see my beautiful hair do...and oh yeah, Meredith! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment