Monday, April 20, 2009

Can You Spell....SCRABBLE?

Well, I have to thank Miss Madeline for two things recently. First of all, I have to thank her for bringing so many of my rarely-seen relatives into town! There's nothing like a new baby to bring people flying and driving in left and right! We got to see Estelle, Brandon and Amanda, and Cindy last week, and although Madeline was the main attraction, I did enjoy the opportunity to sponge off of her company! ;-)

The second thing I can thank Maddy for is my newly expanded Scrabble life. When she was in the hospital, Aaron happened to introduce to me the wonderful world of Facebook Scrabble! It's a good thing that Facebook is blocked at school or else my addiction might really get out of control. In addition to the daily fix of Scrabble that I am getting each day online, all the additional visits to Carrolton have led to traditional Scrabble matches around Holly and Aaron's dining room table where I witnessed one of the greatest plays ever by my brilliant aunt Estelle, who racked up an amazing 108 points in one turn! Ah, yes....thank you Maddy for being born and being so cute so that everyone wants to see you and hang out with you and play Scrabble while you are sleeping! :-) Good times!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, very addicting. She has scrabble in her blood. We played scrabble on Facebook while I was in labor so that tells you how addicting it is!

    ReplyDelete