Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Birthdays!!

I have had the privilege of celebrating two very special birthdays in the past week! Khris turned 14 on March 25th so we went out to eat, courtesy of my parents, this weekend. We went to Chili's, where Khris gorged on a shrimp dinner and I had some sub-par chicken tacos.







Then of course Monday was the big day the whole family has been waiting for!! Miss Madeline aka Maddy made her appearance! She is such a sweetheart!! We love her to death already! I was able to make it up to Plano Monday and Tuesday to see the Fletchers and they are doing well...especially Holly who seems almost back to normal to me after a completely natural delivery on Monday. I don't think she quite agrees with me on that though! :-) Aaron and Holly said Maddy had quite a busy day on Tuesday with all kinds of tests and xrays and MRI's, but she is a little trooper! Hopefully she will get the hang of this eating thing soon and we pray that the doctors can give Holly and Aaron some more concrete answers and direction on where they are headed from here with her diagnosis. One thing is for sure...Maddy is blessed to have some pretty awesome parents and a wonderful extended family (if I do say so myself!) and she sure has been showered with love and prayers already!










There was also one more family birthday last week, but she is too far away for us to celebrate it with her. It would be nice to be able to post pictures of Cindy's birthday but I will have to leave that up to her! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh that Khris......

    Tell him happy birthday.

    Next week on Tuesday and then Thursday I am supposed to haul cattle down to Ft. Worth. IF that does indeed happen, Amanda might come with me on Thursday. And IF I can find somewhere to drop my trailer, we might run over to see the Fletchers somehow. And it might depend on how unsettled things are still then also. Sure would like for it to work somehow.

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel! Thanks so much, that's so sweet of you! I will have to catch up on your blog. I keep forgetting that you're related to Chrissy! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet baby. I didn't realize you had pictures up, they're the first ones I've seen.

    ReplyDelete