Monday, August 22, 2011

Hmmmm....Blank

I have been thinking about blogging for quite some time but I can't ever seem to think of what I want to write about. So I don't write anything. I don't know what happened between me being an 8 year old novelist in my closet back in the day and now, but it just seems so much harder to write now than it did then!

Explanation of the post below this one...at our camp this summer we had a book club and I had the girls create a "glog" which is an interactive poster type thing as a sort of book report. (Go to www.glogster.com if you would like to know more about this). I thought the girls did a great job and I wanted to post their glogs on my blog (sounds like it could be a future Dr. Suess book) but couldn't quite figure it out. As you can see, the size was too large and I am not smart enough to figure out how to fix it. Anyways, it was a fun project and I highly recommend having your kids do something like this instead of your traditional report.

Summer flew by. We had another great summer program, I took a quick trip to Southern Oregon to see Crystal, and now we're back at school! I am attempting to scrounge up some motivation from somewhere for being a school librarian but I seem to be having a difficult time grasping any. There is actually something I would like to request people's prayers about but would rather not publicize on the blog at this point (not that thousands of people read it or anything) but if you could just keep me in mind over the next week or so...it would be appreciated!

Upcoming things to look forward to as fall approaches....
-Labor Day weekend in Farwell
-Possible Texas Rangers game in September with the Fletchers
-Possible Texas A&M football game with Buddy and Rosco
-Possible possible camping trip with the -Fletchers and Tricia somewhere between here and Missouri???
-Texas State Fair

So maybe I will start having something to blog about again soon!

3 comments:

  1. In my prayers. I sure hope we connect on Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm low on creative juices right now too. I think it is just the drudgery of everything right now.

    I know you can make things work out what ever situation you are in.

    "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

    One of my favorite verses. People get hung up thinking they are stuck and things aren't ever going to get better. But this verse says that God is our partner. He isn't going to do it all, and we don't have to do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Aunt Bee and Brandon. That is one of my favorite verses too. Knowing that no matter how much we may mess things up at times or even if we make the wrong decisions or moves that God can still work it together for good.

    ReplyDelete